Mother’s Day is a beautiful time of year. We get to celebrate the fantastic mothers, guardians, and motherly figures. Are you looking for a fun and easy craft that you can do with your kids? Add this cute Mother’s Day Card Craft to your list of activities as May rolls around. See how simple it is to complete by reading below.
What’s Included in this Craft
If you are trying to find a simple craft that your kids can give to moms and grandmothers, this craft is for you. All you have to do is download, print, and go! Included in this craft is:
- A photograph of the craft activity
- Step-by-step directions
- Templates that can be copied directly onto colored cardstock or construction paper and then cut out by students.
- Labeled templates that can be xeroxed onto cardstock, cut by the teacher, and then traced onto colored paper and cut by students. Labels will include the name of the pattern, the color to use, and how many of each pattern to cut (Ex: Body Cut 1 Red).
- Coloring templates (a separate 4-page pdf to send to your students for distance learning)
The directions make it easy for you to tell your kid what to do as they make their sweet card.
Assembling the Flower Craft
Putting this craft together is simple. Just print the templates onto colorful construction paper. Cut out the template. The template allows for the flowers to be placed directly on it, making it easy for little fingers to glue together. Add a name to the second template that goes on the inside of the card. Then, staple or use a metal brad to connect the two pieces. Mothers, aunts, grandmothers, and all sorts of loved ones will enjoy these sweet cards. You can see the craft being assembled by watching this video:
Use this Craft for Other Things
Use this craft to practice writing names. Let the kids write the name of the recipient on the inside of the card. What a great way to work on handwriting skills.
This craft is also wonderful for decorating a classroom or hallway at a school. Use multicolored flowers to decorate all sorts of things. Have kids make their own little flower pots in small groups or in independent centers. They are great for fine motor practice and following directions.
The craft is also fun for studying the letter M for mother or F for flower in preschool and kindergarten. Pair it with your favorite Mother’s Day read aloud or fun lesson. Kids will love it!
Holiday Cards Craft Bundle
Love this Mother’s Day Card Craft? You will love these holiday cards you can use all year long. Make cards for the following holidays and events:
- Thanksgiving – a colorful turkey
- Halloween – a “scary” bear
- New Years – a fun party hat
- Mother’s Day – a pretty flower pot
- Birthdays – a yummy cupcake
- Christmas – a round ornament
- Father’s Day – a fun tie
- St. Patrick’s Day – a green shamrock
- Grandparents Day – an adorable owl
- Valentine’s Day – a beautiful heart
- May Day – a bee and flower
- Fourth of July – a stars and stripe flag
Use the Holiday Cards Bundle to decorate the hallways or the classroom and then send them home to loved ones!
FREE CRAYON BOX THAT TALKED CRAFT
Join the list and this craft will come to your inbox right now!