Ever wondered how to teach your kids how to spell and write their names? Sure, you can grab a pencil and paper and have them practice over and over, OR you can do it the fun way. Provide them with exciting crafts that facilitate spelling and letter recognition using the letters of their name. I have 15 amazing name crafts that kids will love using all year. Keep reading to see the different crafts and how you can use them with your kids.
Fall Name Crafts
- Apple Name Craft: This craft is perfect when students enter the classroom for the first time. Use it to talk about the letters in their name as well as parts of the apple.
- Pencil Name Craft: This makes for a great back-to-school activity in those first few weeks. Once done, kids will love seeing the cute pencils up on the wall with their names on them.
- Backpack Name Craft: Let kids decorate their own backpacks, complete with their names. They’re perfect for August and September when students start school.
- Apple Tree Name Craft: If you are learning about the life cycle of the apple, this is the perfect craft. Not only can you talk about apples, but kids can practice spelling their names.
Winter Name Crafts
- Valentine Sweethearts Name Craft: Use this sweet craft to get ready for the day of love. Kids can give the Valentine to others or use it to decorate the walls.
- Wreath Name Craft: Get ready for the holidays with wreaths featuring all of the kids’ names. They will love seeing them up on the wall.
- Santa Hat Name Craft: Add some holiday magic with this Santa hat craft. Every kid loves Santa, so making a hat with their name will be super cool.
- Winter Hat Name Craft: Talk about the weather while making this name craft, and let kids practice the spelling of their names.
Spring Name Crafts
- Flower Name Craft: Use this activity to talk about spring flowers and all things related to warmer weather. Then, let kids add their own adorable names.
- Caterpillar Name Craft: Discuss the life cycle of a caterpillar and create these fun crafts to work on letter recognition and name spelling as well.
Summer Name Crafts
- Tackle Box Name Craft: If your kids love fishing, use this tackle box craft to welcome them to summertime and to work on their name.
- Crab Name Craft: Welcome summer and time at the beach with this fun crab craft! Kids will love adding their names to the sand as they think about the fun summer brings.
- Coconut Tree Name Craft: Use this craft to talk about islands and tropical plants. It also makes for a great back-to-school activity if you read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
What’s Included with the Crafts
Each of the Name Crafts comes with the templates needed to complete the activity. There are also step-by-step instructions to print, cut, and complete the crafts. All you have to do is download the template and print it onto either white or colored paper.
The white paper will allow students to color their craft for more fine motor practice. The colored paper allows them to cut out the pieces and assemble a little quicker. It’s up to you whether they color or cut the templates on their own! That’s what is so great about these versatile resources.
More Name Crafts
If you are looking for even more Name Crafts, try the BIG BUNDLE! This bundle combines the activities mentioned above with 15 more Name Crafts! You’ll also get:
- Pumpkin Name Craft
- Owl Name Craft
- Gingerbread Name Craft
- New Year Hat Name Craft
- Snowman Name Craft
- Hibernation Bear Name Craft
- Shamrock Name Craft
- Easter Basket Name Craft
- Rainbow Name Craft
- Kite Name Craft
- Dinosaur Name Craft
- Rocket Name Craft
- Flower Name Craft
- Cactus Name Craft
- Cupid Name Craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft
I hope you enjoy these amazing and simple crafts for kids! They’re perfect for children of all ages, but specifically kids in preschool and kindergarten. Have fun crafting and practicing names with them! Be sure to check out my other posts as well!
You may also like:
FREE CRAYON BOX THAT TALKED CRAFT
Join the list and this craft will come to your inbox right now!