It’s the best time of year to create an Ice Cream Craft with your kids! My kids absolutely love ice cream, as most kids do. It’s a yummy treat that helps us cool down on a hot summer day. We all prefer different flavors but enjoy them all the same. This ice cream craft comes with whipped topping and a cherry! Keep reading to see how easy the craft is to use and learn about some fun ways to use the craft with your little ones.
Ice Cream Books to Read with the Craft
One of the best ways to start a craft activity is to read a story that relates to it first. Before doing this craft, we like reading some of our favorite books about ice cream. Here is a short list of some ice cream titles you might enjoy!
- Is It Warm Enough for Ice Cream by DK – This book is fun because it not only invites kids to dream about ice cream, but to learn about the weather, temperatures, and other factors. Use this book to discuss weather and why it’s so much fun to eat ice cream when it is hot outside.
- Gorilla Love Vanilla by Chae Strathie – A sweet ice cream shop on Jelly Bean Stree gets a visit from five animals. The animals in the story share their favorite flavors. This is a fun book to talk about favorite flavors and why we love them.
- Just One More by Jennifer Hansen Rolli – Ruby loves getting a little bit more any time she can. Just one more minute of sleep, just one more item for her hair, and just one more scoop of ice cream. But can more and more and more sometimes be too much! This book is a fantastic way to show kids that they should be grateful for what they have.
- Ice Cream: The Full Scoop by Gail Gibbons – In this book, the author and illustrator work together to teach kids about the beginnings of ice cream. The production of it has come a LONG way and it’s super cool to read about all of the changes with your kids.
- Scoop the Ice Cream Truck by Patricia Keeler – Scoop the Ice Cream Truck specializes in selling vanilla cones. Over time, other trucks have started serving fancier flavors, cones, and toppings. No one seems to want plain vanilla anymore. Can Scoop figure out a way to sell his delicious vanilla to customers? This is a great story for brainstorming and predicting what might happen next.
Read some of these great titles and then complete the fun ice cream craft!
Making My Ice Cream Cone Craft
To make this craft, you will need to print the provided templates. Print them onto any colored cardstock you want. Print the scoops on a variety of colors to represent different flavors. I like to print several and then let the kids choose their own colors based on the flavors they like to eat.
Putting this craft together is simple! All you need to do is glue the ice cream scoops on top of the ice cream cone. Then, glue the whipped topping on the scoops. Finally, top it with a cherry.
The whipped topping can also represent strawberry syrup, chocolate sauce, marshmallow drizzle, hot fudge, caramel topping, and any other topping your kids may enjoy.
Coloring Your Own Ice Cream Cone Craft
Kids will also love using the coloring page option to make their own ice cream cones. This option lets them personalize their ice cream scoops using crayons, markers, or colored pencils. Give them the 2-page template to color and cut out! It’s great fine motor practice for kids of all ages.
Check out how simple it is to prep and create this ice cream cone craft by watching this video!
This ice cream cone craft is part of a Giant Bundle of Summer Crafts. Kids can use any of the following crafts to decorate a summer-themed bulletin board or classroom. They are tons of fun and will help give you something to do during the hot summer!
The crafts included are:
- Beach Ball Craft
- Beach Bucket Craft
- Butterfly Net Craft
- Swimsuit Boy Craft
- Swimsuit Girl Craft
- Lemonade Craft
- Swimming Kids Craft
- Popsicle Craft
- Sandcastle Craft
- Watermelon Craft
- Lightning Bug Craft
- Ice Cream Cone Craft
- Flip Flops Craft
I hope you enjoy creating the ice cream craft as well as these other summer crafts!
FREE CRAYON BOX THAT TALKED CRAFT
Join the list and this craft will come to your inbox right now!