Spring and Easter are two of my favorite things! I paired them together and made an adorable Easter bunny hat craft that kids will enjoy making on their own. The craft is fantastic for kids of all ages and is perfect for home or the classroom. If you need a fun activity for your kids to do this April, check out this cute hat.
Materials Needed for an Easter Hat
This Easter craft is super simple to make; all you need is the bunny hat template and some white, pink, and black paper. Print the template onto colorful cardstock. I put the ears on pink paper, as well as the nose. Use white for the face, cheeks, ear outline, teeth, and hat strip. Don’t forget the black whiskers.
To assemble, put the bunny’s face on one of the stripes. Then, add the bunny cheeks and ears. Next, glue on the nose, whiskers, eyes, and teeth. If you prefer, have kids color their bunnies after you print them on white paper. They’ll just love parading it around once it’s complete.
When to Create a Bunny Hat Craft
This adorably simple hat craft is perfect for many occasions. Here are some great options for using it. There’s no wrong time to create a bunny hat, but if you need an excuse try these.
- Grab the template to use during spring. Celebrate new spring life and new beginnings.
- Use the bunny hat while learning about the life cycle of bunnies.
- The craft is perfect for anyone who celebrates Easter. Let kids create their own hats to learn about all things Easter.
- Make the hat while learning about the letter R for a rabbit or B for a bunny.
- Make hat crafts to work on fine motor skills in and out of the classroom.
- Save this craft activity for a rainy day and pull it out when you need something for the kids to do.
- Take pictures of the kids wearing their hats and make a bulletin board that says, “Hopping into Spring!”
Books About Easter Bunnies
If you love reading stories with your kids as much as I do, add these fun titles to your reading list. The kids will enjoy learning about Easter, bunnies, and so much more! Add a book or two to storytime, circle time, rest time, or your lesson plans.
- How to Catch the Easter Bunny by Adam Wallace
- It’s Not Easy Being a Bunny by Marilyn Sadler
- We’re Going on an Egg Hunt by Martha Mumford
- Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake by Michael Kaplan
- The Easter Egg by Jan Brett
- Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure by James Dean
- The Great Eggscape by Jory John
These titles are perfect for kids of all ages. They will be a hit in preschool, kindergarten, first grade and beyond. I love adding fun titles like these to our library.
Check out the Easter Hat Craft in action below!
More Hat Crafts to Try with Kids
For more fun hat crafts, check out these exciting activities! There’s a hat for almost every occasion.
- Apple Hat Craft
- Caterpillar Hat Craft
- Earth Day Hat Craft
- Easter Bunny Hat Craft
- Groundhog Day Hat Craft
- Leprechaun Hat Craft
- May Day Hat Craft
- Penguin Hat Craft
- Pig Hat Craft
- Parrot Hat Craft
- Pumpkin Hat Craft
- Rainbow Hat Craft
- Red and White Striped Hat Craft
- Scarecrow Hat Craft
- Reindeer Hat Craft
- Smores Hat Craft
- Snowmen Hat Craft
- Sun Hat Craft
- Tooth Hat Craft
- Turkey Hat Craft
- Valentine’s Day Hat Craft
I hope you and your kids have an amazing time creating these fun Easter bunny hat craft activities. Whether you make them at home with your own kids or in a classroom full of amazing students, they will bring a smile to your face. Let the kids parade them around all April as you celebrate spring and the Easter holiday. Hoppy Easter, and thanks so much for being here!