If you have kids or teach kids, you know they LOVE dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are such mysterious creatures. They’re large and noisy (presumably), and kids go crazy over them. A fan favorite is always the T-Rex. I just had to create a Tyrannosaurus Rex Craft for kids to create while learning about prehistoric times.
Be sure to take a look at the dino bundle at the bottom of the post for even more dinosaur crafts.
Why You’ll Love this T-Rex Craft
A Tyrannosaurus Rex craft is a fun way to learn about prehistoric animals and times. Most kids love dinosaurs, so this simple craft is a must if you work with primary-aged kids. The craft is simple to prep and so much fun to put together.
When to Use This Tyrannosaurus Rex Craft
Parents and teachers use this craft for so many different reasons! One of these is sure to be your reason as well!
- Use the t-rex craft to learn about prehistoric dinosaurs and times.
- Have the craft on hand for a sub when you have to be out sick.
- Print the template to use for a rainy day.
- Make this craft while reading a fun story about dinosaurs.
- Use the craft to study the letter T for tyrannosaurus or D for dinosaur.
- Pair it with a writing activity and write about dinosaurs.
- Create a fun bulletin board to represent a prehistoric study.
- Make the craft part of your morning meeting routine.
- Use the craft as an indoor recess activity if you can’t go outside.
The possibilities are endless! Have fun creating the craft for any of the reasons and more.
Materials Needed for the Craft
Whenever you get ready to prep this craft, all you will need is the template and some colorful cardstock or construction paper! The kids will need a pair of scissors to cut the pieces out and a gluestick to piece them all together.
How to Assemble the Tyrannosaurus Rex Craft
Assembling this Tyrannosaurus Rex craft is super simple! Just print your templates on colored cardstock to match the pattern. If you don’t have colored cardstock or construction paper, use plain white cardstock instead. Print the templates on white paper and cut them out. Then, trace them onto the desired paper. Kids can also color their templates to make the dinos customized.
You can also see the steps in this fun video!
Dinosaur Books for Kids
The perfect way to start (or end) a craft activity is by introducing a new book. Kids enjoy read-aloud stories, so use some of these sweet ideas before or after completing the tyrannosaurus rex craft.
- Never Let a Dinosaur Scribble by Diane Alber
- If You Happen to Have a Dinosaur by Linda Bailey
- Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
- How to Catch a Dinosaur by Adam Wallace
- How Do Dinosaurs Book Series by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
- No T-Rex in the Library by Toni Buzzeo
- Never Show T-Red a Book by Rashmi Sirdeshpande
These are just a few of the fun books you can read with your kids or students as they learn about tyrannosaurus rex and the other dinosaurs that walked the earth. They are perfect for a prehistoric study or just for fun!
Dinosaur Crafts Bundle
If your kids love dinosaurs as much as the next, try these exciting prehistoric crafts with them. Use them to study a dino unit or landforms! They are part of a Dinosaur Craft Bundle!
- Caveman and Cavegirl Crafts
- Paleontologist Craft
- Baby Dinosaur Craft
- Woolly Mammoth Craft
- Stegosaurus Craft
- Brontosaurus Craft
- Pterodactyl Craft
- Triceratops Craft
- T-Rex Craft
- Volcano Craft – comes with a fun writing activity, including labels.
Thank you so much for checking out my crafts! Be sure to take a look at all of the activities available on my page. There’s a little of something for everyone and every season!
FREE CRAYON BOX THAT TALKED CRAFT
Join the list and this craft will come to your inbox right now!