Animal crafts are some of our favorites! Kids love animals of all kinds, and there are so many different ones to choose from. If you are heading to the zoo soon or your kids are studying safari animals, this elephant craft is perfect! The cute little elephant face makes an adorable bulletin board display any time of year, and kids will enjoy putting it together. Continue reading to see how you can use this fun craftivity with your little ones.
When to Use an Elephant Craft
Elephant crafts are perfect for any time of year and any occasion. This craft is super simple to prep and so much fun to create. Here are some great ways you can use it with your little ones.
- Use the craft to study the letter E in the classroom or at home.
- Create the elephant after a fun trip to the zoo.
- Let kids who love elephants make their own elephant crafts. Attach it to a popsicle stick, and they have a fun puppet to tell stories with.
- Pair it with some entertaining elephant stories and read-alouds.
- Add this craft to your lesson plans while learning about safari animals.
- Write a few short sentences about elephants to hang on the wall with the craft.
There are endless possibilities for using this adorable and simple craft.
How to Make the Elephant Craft
Making this craft is very easy! All you have to do is download the craft template and print it onto plain cardstock or colored paper. If you print it onto plain paper, cut out the templates and trace them onto your colored paper. You can also print the template directly onto colored cardstock or construction paper and cut it out from there. Do whatever works best for you!
If you want to see a step-by-step tutorial for putting the craft together, check out this video! I’ll walk you through the pieces needed and how to assemble everything!
Fun Books About Elephants for Kids
Before you start your fun craft, read some adorable books about elephants. Here are some of our favorites to read together.
- Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss – A sweet elephant hears a voice on a clover and decides to help the small speck, no matter the dangers.
- What to Do if an Elephant Stands on Your Foot by Michelle Robinson – This is a super silly book with goofy advice for kids.
- Richard Scarry’s Polite Elephant by Richard Scarry – Learn polite manners with this sweet character and his friends.
- Thirsty, Thirsty Elephants by Sandra Markle – This story is based on true events and shows kids how elephants find water when there is a drought.
- A Passion for Elephants by Toni Buzzeo – This is a kid-friendly biography of Cynthia Moss, a scientist who dedicated her life to elephants.
- Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems – These hilarious characters take kids on adventures to learn things and get a laugh everywhere they go.
- Elecopter by Michael Slack – This is a fun story about an elephant-helicopter who fights fires and rescues animals with her amazing trunk.
Your kids are sure to enjoy this elephant craft whether you use it for a study on elephants, after a trip to the zoo, or just for fun. Grab your handy construction paper and scissors and get crafting! Your bulletin boards and walls will look amazing in no time!
Zoo Animals Craft Bundle
Be sure to check out all of the other amazing animals in the Zoo Animals Craft Bundle! There’s a little of something for everyone! Here are the crafts included in the bundle:
- Elephant craft
- Giraffe craft
- Hippo craft
- Lion craft
- Monkey craft
- Zebra craft
- Zoo keeper craft
Thanks for reading and happy crafting!